This post was in my drafts for quite a some time now so today finally i decided to post it.This a very healthy salad with lot of vegetables as well as the nutrition of chickpeas too.I adapted this recipe from Rachel Ray of Food Network ,but of course i made some changes in that and made it suitable for my taste buds .There are two recipe for this with slightly change or i would say hot or cold salad ,so here comes the recipes -
- 2 cans chickpeas( rinsed and drained) or 1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnite and boiled)
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Spinach leaves 7-8 ,cleaned and chopped
- 1 small carrot ,grated
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh coconut ,grated (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of half lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- some coriander leaves and lemon wedges for garnishing.
Method (cold salad)-
Combine all Ingredients for salad in a large bowl mix well garnish with coconut ,coriander leaves, lemon wedge,keep it in the refrigerator for some time and serve.
Heat oil in a pan add all the vegetable and saute ,add salt and chickpeas and saute some more,Finally add red pepper flakes,black pepper and lemon juice ,take it out in serving plate ,garnish with coriander leaves,coconut and lemon wedges,serve hot.
Note- You can use any vegetable in this salad whatever you have,almost all veggies goes well with it.