Thumbprint jam cookies as well which I will post soon after this.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoon chocolate liquor (optional)
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 18 -20 caramel kisses chocolate or any kind of chocolate kisses
- 2 tablespoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 raw sugar for coating
|Look at these tempting little guys,in all their melty,chocolaty topped goodness and try not to eat one,just try doing that..........|
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or hand mixer, combine the butter, sugar and egg yolks. Beat until fluffy about 5 minutes. Mix in the chocolate liquor.(if using) and Vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder,baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Keep this mixture in refrigerator for half an hour or in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, drop cookies about an inch from one another onto prepared baking sheet. and form each cookie into a ball shape.
- Roll each ball in raw sugar ,press into the center with your thumb. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap your kisses and get them ready.
- Remove cookies from oven onto a wire rack. Wait 2 minutes.
- Now gently press a kiss into the center of each cookie. Don’t touch them after this point – they will totally melt. Let cool completely.Little cracks are fine.