As I promised in my previous post,I am here with one more cookie recipe which was the part of my son's birthday goodies bag along with Chocolate Kisses Cookies.These are very versatile cookies ,you can fill them with anything of your choice or flavor.These Cookies are egg less and nut free too as some of the kids were allergic to nuts.Same goes with egg also if you are looking for an egg less and nut free cookies recipes,this is the one for you.
|Delicious Thumbprint Cookies|
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoon milk(if needed)
1/4 - 1/2 cup blueberry jam or any flavor jam
1. beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
2. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
3.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt
4.Add the flour mixture to the batter (add 1-2 teaspoon of milk if its too dry)and beat just until combined. (If the batter is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.)
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) ball. Place on the baking sheet spacing about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart. Using your thumb or end of a wooden spoon, make a indentation into the center of each cookie.
7.Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are set .
8. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
9. Let them cool down fro about 15 minutes and then fill each cookies with one teaspoon full of blueberry jam or preserve.Enjoy.