Tandoori Aaloo at home...........isn,t it sounds interesting.yes it is ........ I was also very excited when i read this recipe in one of the blog....yes it was Madhvi's blog ,Vegetarian Medley and decided to give it a try and it came out really very well.....Thanks Madhvi for sharing this recipe.....I liked it so much that i even don't want to change name ....The only change which i have done is that i did not use Kasoori Methi and garnish it with chopped spring onion in my recipe...so here comes the recipe....
- 5 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1-1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1-1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Hot Red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- chopped spring onion to garnish
1. Mix yogurt, chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, turmeric, salt, all purpose flour, sugar in a large bowl.
2. Wash the potato and let them dry.
3. Pierce the potatoes 2-3 times with fork.
4. Place bowl of water in the middle of the microwave.
5. Arrange all the potatoes around the bowl on the microwave plate.
6. Cook the potatoes for 5-6 minutes or more .
7. Cut the potatoes into halves.
8. Put potato in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
9. Now mix potatoes with yogurt mixture, marinade it and refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
10. Preheat oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
11. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet and cook potatoes in oven for just 5-6 minutes.
12. Then broil it until it is gets its thin crust.
13. Sprinkle chat Masala and chopped spring onions.
14. Serve hot with lemon or any chutney.
NOTE- Use Paneer cubes in place of potatoes or both together ,it tastes yummmm....